Alexandria City HS - Titans Choirs
Welcome to the website of the award-winning Alexandria City High School Titans Choirs.
We are from Alexandria City High School, the only public high school in the City of Alexandria, one of the largest in Virginia, and one of the most diverse in the country. Our students represent not only Alexandria, but the world, speaking over 100 different languages. When we sing together we embody unity in diversity.
In addition to our multiple competition awards, we have sung for multiple presidents, dignitaries and celebrities, on national television, for the opening of the National Museum of African American History, and at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Spring Concert - June 1st, 7:30pm!
On Thursday, June 1st, the Alexandria City High School Combined Choirs will present their final concert of the 2022-2023 season – the Spring Concert, 7:30pm in the ACHS auditorium, admission is free.
It's been a whirlwind year for these students:
- Two first-place trophies, one Outstanding Soloist medal, and the Grand Champion Award at Music in the Parks, Universal Studios in Orlando, FL
- Four first-place trophies at Music in the Parks, Dorney Park in Allentown, PA
- Master classes with two nationally renowned music directors – Dr. Jason Ferdinand from the University of Maryland and Dr. Jeffery Redding from the University of Central Florida.
- An all-day workshop with our new friends from Miami Arts Studio in Miami, FL
- Numerous concerts throughout the City of Alexandria
Come and hear us!
If you can't come, please consider a donation to support us (you’ll be helping to provide scholarships to students who would otherwise not be able to participate).
Donate using our no-fee partner, Zeffy:
With this link: Make a Donation
this QR Code:
Preview the concert program:
With this link: Concert Program
this QR Code:
Thursday, June 1st, 7:30pm
Alexandria City High School Auditorium
3330 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
Learn more about our program
ACHS’s choral program is comprised of 120 students that are a part of four distinct choir groups: Concert, Mixed, Advanced, and Competition Choir.
Mr. Theodore Thorpe III serves in his 13th consecutive season as Director of Choral Activities for Alexandria City High School in Alexandria, Virginia.
The choir has a stellar track record when it comes to competing, consistently receiving “superior” ratings in their competition performances.